Share your holiday networking story and get a chance to win my book! That’s right – send in your holiday networking story to me directly: email@example.com or post it here on this blog and get a chance to WIN!
Here are Five Quick Tips to help you network like a rock star – and get your story in before Dec. 25, 2010.
1. Listen. Listen for opportunities, problems, or situations in a friend’s conversation. It could be a golden opportunity for you.
2. Ask. Ask others how you may help them. You’ve got to fuel your network to fire it up!™
3. Have your sound bite ready! Focus, Share, Tell.
4. Reconnect. Dig out your holiday mailing list. Who haven’t you talked to in a while? Pick up the phone – and take five to reconnect.
5. Attend. Yes, holiday gatherings can be really crazy. Just do it.
And if you think you’ve got it bad, I just talked with someone who shared the following Thanksgiving story:
“How was my Thanksgiving? Well, the dog drank out of the toilet, then tried to eat all the deserts. Kids were running everywhere – and there were only two of them. Not to mention everyone talking really, really loud and all at the same time. I can’t believe we drove 4-and-a-half hours for that.”
“So,” I said, “Ready for Christmas?”
“Yes,” she said, “We’re doing it all over again.”
Ah, the holidays. Can’t control it, so you might as well make the most of it – and share your story!
The deadline is Dec. 25, 2010. The earlier you send in your stories, the better ’cause I’m feeling generous. We’ll be doing more than one drawing.
And, for those of you who simply can’t wait for a drawing, get my book, Rock Your Network® for Job Seekers, by clicking on the book cover.
Now, here’s the really cool thing, buy one, get one FREE! And, only ONE shipping rate. Woo hoo! (Offer ends 12/31/10.) Get one, give one. Go on!
To get the deal, enter “HO HO HO 2010” in the special message section when you place order. (We use PayPal.)
I look forward to hearing all of your cool holiday networking stories. Thanks in advance for sharing!
PS: Here are links to two holiday networking stories – to give you some ideas:
“Holiday Networking: Pass the Nuts and Your Resume Please” and “Good News: Hired Over the Holidays.”
© 2010 | Wendy Terwelp | All rights reserved.