Check out this quiz and see how nice you are. Click here.
So, are you naughty or nice? Why am I asking? When you’re in career search mode, nice finishes first. People love helping people who are nice. Nice is not sappy, smarmy, or in-authentic. Nice can be:
1. Sending an article to a friend related to his/her career.
2. Referring a friend, if the job’s not right for you.
3. Connecting two people you know in complimentary busineses so they can team up on sales calls.
4. Asking good questions and listening to how you may help.
5. Volunteering for a favorite organization or charity.
When looking for a job, it’s sometimes hard to remember to be nice. Trying a few of these ideas can lift your mood, put you back on track, and increase your network connections. Networking’s a two-way street. If you help enough people get what they want, you’ll get what you want — a job.