Share your holiday networking story and get a chance to win my book! That’s right – send in your holiday networking story to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or post it here on this blog and get a chance to WIN!
Here are Five Quick Tips to help you rock your social media over the holidays. Use them. Share them. Get your story in before Dec. 25, 2010.
1. Pick three. There are MANY social networks online to choose from. I recommend picking three so you can manage the effectively. For job search, I recommend LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Yes, I did say Facebook.
2. Reconnect with old friends (and make new ones). I reconnected with friends from “back in the day” on Facebook. Not only was it fun, but now as “grown-ups” we can help each other in our careers. You can help your friends as well.
Side note: If you’re going to a Christmas party and photos of you are snapped that may not be as professional as you wish, gently remind folks not to tag you on their Facebook pages. If they do, ask them to take down the photos or un-tag you.
3. Join a group. The holidays can be a great time to join a new group or reactivate your participation in an existing one. Check out the groups your friends are involved with on LinkedIn. Which ones might be a good fit for you? Join and take an active role.
4. Take your online network OFFline. Plan a lunch date or pick up the phone. Learn about the other person’s business and life. Holidays are a great time to do this as people are more relaxed and willing to chat.
5. Be relevant and provide value. Social networking gives you a chance to demonstrate your thought leadership. Share your ideas. I love Twitter for this as I can share my ideas AND re-tweet others’ ideas I feel will be of value to my network (aka: followers).
Go ahead! Try one or more of these ideas and share your story!
The deadline is Dec. 25, 2010. The earlier you send in your stories, the better ’cause I’m feeling generous. We’ll be doing more than one drawing.
And, for those of you who simply can’t wait for a drawing, get my book, Rock Your Network® for Job Seekers, by clicking on the book cover.
Now, here’s the really cool thing, buy one, get one FREE! And, only ONE shipping rate. Woo hoo! (Offer ends 12/31/10.) Get one, give one. Go on!
To get the deal, enter “HO HO HO 2010″ in the special message section when you place order. (We use PayPal.)
I look forward to hearing all of your cool holiday networking stories. Thanks in advance for sharing!
PS: Here are links to two holiday networking stories – to give you some ideas:
Note: Graphic created by SnapHappy Creative LLC.
© 2010 | Wendy Terwelp | All rights reserved.